Friday, January 23, 2004

I scream for ice cream




Does anybody remember Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlours? My parents used to take us to one in Flint, Michigan years and years ago. (I’m talking the late 1970’s.) I loved that place. Of course I loved the old fashioned goodness you felt when you walked in- old fashioned candy for sale, lots of dark hand carved wood on the walls, the waiters even dressed up as barbershop singers. Well, I was watching “Top 5” on the Food Network and they started talking about Farrell’s! I was shocked! I had no idea they even existed anymore. Apparently they never completely went away. To read what’s been going on with them- click here. I can’t wait for them to build one near me!! I’m convinced that this beautiful, magical place is what started my life long love of the creamy goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home