Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Being a Nimrod




Have you seen the ESPN commercial that shows the high school basketball team called the “Watersmeet Nimrods”? This name fascinates me. Of course I had to look them up online and to my surprise they are in Michigan! (Granted, they are in the U.P. and I am in the L.P. but it’s all the same state:-) If you go to the high school web site you can learn all about how the word “Nimrod” actually comes from the bible. In my search for more information I came across this web site- a national listing of funny high school team names. My favorites are the Poca Dots and the Cairo Syrupmakers. I think I have an interest in schools with unusual mascots because my high school mascot was a Cavalier (insert flighty, flouncy comments here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home