Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Black Friday




Have you ever heard of Black Friday? That is what a lot of people are referring to the day after Thanksgiving as. Apparently it has something to do with retailers getting out of the red and into the black on that day. It could also have something to do with it being the busiest shopping day of the year, but according to Snopes that's simply not true. A few years ago my dad and I went to our local Wally World and stood in line at 6am so I could get a good deal on a TV. Since then it seems to have grown into a national holiday.

I do have to admit that over the last few years I have gotten up before the crack of dawn and headed to the nearest store to cash in on some of their deals on electronics. (Hey, when a person needs a new TV and it's DIRT CHEAP at 6 in the morning then why not?) Last year I dragged my husband along to help me get a new computer and a new sewing machine. We had a blast! He was amazed at how crazy people got over these sales.

I used to go to Wally World to see Holly's husband at work, but unfortunately this year they have nothing I want and he's not really "there" anymore. After scouring the black Friday ads I think I have decided to forget black Friday. Instead I'll make a stop at the big red K on my way out of town tomorrow to cash in on the Martha Stewart bed pillows for $1.99!!! We need 4!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home