Thursday, December 09, 2004

Like a ship in the night....




Sorry no update. I have a million things I want to blog about but unfortunately my husband's grandmother passed away this week and we have been busy with funerary things and out-of-state family. The wonderful lady was 94 years old and hadn't been sick a day in her life up until nine months ago. We looked up a timeline of her life and realized that she lived through both World Wars, the Great Depression and was alive when the Titanic sunk. if only everybody could live that long.

Her husband was sheriff of Wayne County (Detroit) during the race riots in the 1960's. I've been trying to get her kids to tell me some stories of growing up during that time and living in a house attached to the jail. I also think it's really interesting that all donations are going towards the Anthroposophical Society in America. Some of Grandma's children are followers of the Rudolph Steiner Schools of thought (They are Waldorf teachers!) and helped grandma get through the pain with some homeopathic remedies. I definately want to learn more about Steiner and what this society is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home