Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Mama Mia!




There is this lady I work with. Somehow, somewhere she got the idea that she is the best at everything. (Where she got this I have no idea.) She also thinks we are the best of friends since she found out my husband is Italian. (She is Italian. I am not. Go figure.) Since she found this out she has harassed me to no end to try her lasagna recipe. She claims it is the best in the world and her great-great-great grandma carried the recipe in her bosom pocket on the ship to the new world. After her going on and on and on about how wonderful of a cook she is and how this lasagna recipe is to die for and that my husband should just love it because he is Italian like her I finally caved in and decided to try it.

It was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my entire life. Bar none. My husband agrees with me 100%.

What do I say to this woman? She has been harassing me for feedback and I just don’t know what to say! My brother thinks I should tell her I followed the recipe to a “T” and that I just don’t know what I did wrong. Personally I think I should tell her the truth but then I’d have to face her everyday afterwards, too.

The next time I say “I’m the best…” at anything please slap me. I will then be reminded that as with beauty, art and taste are in the eye of the beholder.

This also reminds me of the time I tried out for “Jeopardy!”. The Astronomer I work with told me not to do it. “There will always be people out there that are quicker, smarter, faster and better than you.” I listened to his advice but I tried out anyway. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home