Monday, December 27, 2004

Six Degrees




I am a firm believer of six degrees of separation. I honestly believe everyone is six degrees away from knowing everybody else in the world and every once in awhile something happens that blows my mind and proves this theory accurate to me.

Last week I was reiterating my Frankenmuth post to a co-worker of mine, only this time I inserted my college roommate Martha’s last name. She just looked at me funny and said “I know her. Actually, we’re really good friends with her brother.” WHHHHAAAAA?????? Instead of going into geographical details here, lets just say that Martha and I grew up at least an hour and a half away from where I work and we actually met about 3 hours away. So it’s not like it’s just a coincidence, ya know? Apparently her brother has settled in the Metro area and my co-worker met him through a volleyball league years ago. It’s a small, small world……

Other six degree moments that I can remember-
- I worked at an art camp outside of Las Vegas one summer and my cabin mate’s brother was my next door neighbor in Michigan.
- My parents went to Europe and ended up sitting next to my shop teacher from high school on the way there AND on the way back. They didn’t make the connection until on the way back.
- Some good friends of my parents were vacationing in Florida and somehow met my Grandfather whom we hadn’t seen in over ten years.
- One of my old bosses went to high school with my mother. We made this connection at the interview.

There are many, many more but they are way too complicated to even begin to try to explain them.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home