Friday, April 01, 2005

CBGB's




Last week on NPR there was a segment about CBGB's, the world famouse rock club in New York City. Apparently rent is getting too high and they may have to close their doors for good which makes me very sad. CBGB's has been around forever and is a musical icon. Because of this story, I dug out my Ramones CD's and have been rocking out ever since. (Of course I'd dig out the Ramones! CBGB's and the Ramones go hand in hand!) Because of the Ramones Fest thats been going on in our house, I rented Rock and Roll High School, one of my most favorite movies since I was 10 years old. (My husband had never seen it! I was floored!) Did you know that Howard Stern is doing a remake of Rock and Roll High School? I'm not sure how I feel about that. If Howard doesn't play Joey then what's the point?

I've always wondered what CBGB's and OMFUG stood for. Can you believe that CBGB's stands for Country Bluegrass Blues? Sort of ironic considering they're famous for underground rock. I can't remember what OMFUG stands for, but you can go look it up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home