Saturday, June 18, 2005

Road Trippin'




I have completely forgotten how much fun road trips can be. Friday night I got back from the Fiesta Warehouse Sale in Newell, West Virginia. What a blast! My parents actually took me and the three of us had a fabulous time. Here's a re-cap-

Wednesday morning my parents picked me up. When we got down there at about 5pm we decided to scope out the situation so we headed to the factory. Lo and behold, there were tons of people already lined up! We got friendly with some other people from Michigan and come to find out there were going to pass out tickets at 7pm for the next day's sale! We waited around and got tickets 81, 82 and 83. This meant we didn't have to come back until 8am the next day and that we would be the first group into the sale.

The next morning we got up bright and early and headed back to the sale. There were hundreds of people waiting to get tickets. Thank god we already had some! We hung out in number order for two hours and had a wonderful time meeting and chatting with Fiesta lovers from all over the country. About 10am they started letting people in and what a rush! Everybody was grabbing dishes and running around and it was complete chaos but it was a lot of fun. We filled ten milk crates full of Fiesta and then proceeded to stand in line for almost 3 hours to check out. It was pretty unorganized but we still had fun chatting with people and shopping while we stood in line. We spent almost $400 and walked out with 9 huge boxes of dishes. I'll post pictures and actual amounts later if anybody is interested.

The next day we started to head back but took a few detours along the way. First stop was Kidron, Ohio to visit Lehman's Country Store, an Amish store we'd heard about. Well, it was ok but very much a tourist trap with everything extremely over priced. I picked up a few how-to booklets and some old fashioned soap.

Next stop was a few miles down the road in Orrville, Ohio, the home of Smucker's. There we stopped at Simply Smucker's, the retail store for Smucker's. I found Guava Jelly which really made my day.

Our final stop for the day was the Cat's Meow Village in Wooster, Ohio. I had to stop because it wasn't out of our way and I knew I could bring something back for Holly who collects some of it. I found her a couple of cute things and then we were on the road home. God, I miss doing road trips. I really need to do them more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home