Friday, July 01, 2005

Live 8




I've got a wild hair up my ass to take off tonight for the Live 8 concert in Barrie, Ontario. (Barrie is slightly closer to me than the U.S. show in Philly.) Gawd, I have been listening too much to the BBC because all they've been talking about is the London show. Of course the London show sounds fabulous compared to the rest of the shows. Yeah, maybe not. I do like a good road trip now and then though......

Tomorrow I'm taking my niece, The Princess, out for her birthday date. Every year for their birthdays I take my niece and nephew to some sort of children's museum and then to lunch anywhere they want to go. (It's usually McDonald's.) Other than that I truly have no plans for the weekend besides working on my basement rec room. Fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's playing in Barrie?

Fri Jul 01, 01:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml

Like I said, London sounds a helluva lot better.

Fri Jul 01, 02:30:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you watch it last night? The coverage sucked. The rarely showed an entire song, and they kept going to comercials in the middle of the best parts like in the awesome "Comfortably Numb" jam, during "Superstitious," and during the Paul McCartney stuff. Also, they were interviewing realy stupid people. One group of guys snuck in without paying and they we made to look cool. At any other concert, I wouldn't have that big of a problem with them, but this was a fundraiser for Christ's sake.

Sun Jul 03, 07:57:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home