Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Books, Books, and more Books




I recently read Running With Scissors and it was quite good. I highly reccomend it but it's also one of those books that you either love it or hate it. I myself loved it. It's a quick read, too, and I know everyone can appreciate that.

In other book news, I am going to share with y'all a site I check out every once in awhile. Based on the Book is a well maintained list of books that have (or are being) made into movies. This is why I read Running with Scissors, Gwenyth Paltrow is set to star in the movie version that is being released this fall. I love to read the books before they are chopped up and misinterpreted.

Here's another link to the tragedy that happened in my hometown this weekend- The Roanoke Times. This news story still freaks me out because- a.) It was so incredibly close to home (We're talking just a few hundred feet away) b.) I know half of their relatives c.) every time they show it on the news they interview people I know and d.) this could have happened to any of us. Very easily.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Sep 06, 12:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't buy misinterpritation. Film is just a different medium so they need to be different. There are a lot of films that are better than the books.

Thu Sep 08, 01:41:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an intense news story... and if you'll excuse me now, I'm going to go hug my kids...

Fri Sep 09, 09:28:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh- and I'm also fasinated by the moon theory... I have to think about that one a bit...

Fri Sep 09, 09:29:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home