Monday, September 05, 2005

My oh my....



Where does the time go? All I know is that I have been glued to the news reports coming out of New Orleans for a week now and I think I need to take a break. Every day I've learned something that either disgusts me or terrifies me. A local provided me with an excellent news source-WWL-TV was the only tv station to continue to broadcast throughout the week as well provide 24 newscasts of what was going on in the area. They also have a fabulous blog that is updated every few minutes.

For an interesting perspective of the coverage, check out the CBC from Canada or the BBC from the UK.

In other news, this happened directly behind my parent's house over the weekend. My friend felt it from her house 7 miles away. When you grow up in a small town everybody tends to know everybody else so even though I didn't know these people in particular, I knew about half of their relations. It effects everybody that way. A former homecoming queen had brought 11 out of 12 of her kids with her from Virginia to visit family over the holiday weekend. She lost half of her children in a split second. I can't begin to fathom the loss she must be experiencing. Along with the stories coming out of New Orleans, I am ever so thankful for everyone I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home