Monday, October 17, 2005

Being Domesticated




So this weekend I did a lot of domesticated things. Here's a list-
-I planted black and blue tulips in my backyard. The black one's are called "Queen of the Night" while the blue one's aren't technically "blue" but rather a bluish version of purple. Those are called "Blue Aimable". hopefully I'll see the results in the spring!
- I made beef jerky. Round steak was on sale at Meijer's so I thought we'd try to make it again. It turned out pretty good but I think it's already half gone.
- We carved a pumpkin. It was fun because this year we bought all of the cool tools to do it with. We are now on the search for a cheap place to buy pumpkins.
-I baked a cranberry apple tart from one of the demonstrations at the cooking school. It was ok and very easy to make, I just don't think I'll be making it again anytime soon.
-My bathroom is now the cleanest I think it's ever been.
-And now, for probably the most domesticated thing I've ever done, I signed my mother and I up for a cookie exchange party. That's right. A local herb farm is starting an annual cookie exchange. I figured since my mom and I make cookie plates every year we might as well get more of a variety and have a good time in the process. We each have to bring 5 dozen (that's 60 cookies) so the weekend before the exchange we are getting together to help each other make them. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Plus, I have a stack of red firestaware plates I picked up at the outlet sale to put them all on.

I dunno, is it really domesticated to plant black and blue flowers? Now that I think about it, it sounds pretty goth to me. Oh, well, they look really beautiful on the packages.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... back off. I spent 6 months in jail the last time I needed to avoid competition... It just hardened me; I'll do worse this time.

PS Andre planted tuplip bulbs last week too. And Daffodils.

Fri Oct 21, 04:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home