Monday, October 17, 2005

Being Domesticated




So this weekend I did a lot of domesticated things. Here's a list-
-I planted black and blue tulips in my backyard. The black one's are called "Queen of the Night" while the blue one's aren't technically "blue" but rather a bluish version of purple. Those are called "Blue Aimable". hopefully I'll see the results in the spring!
- I made beef jerky. Round steak was on sale at Meijer's so I thought we'd try to make it again. It turned out pretty good but I think it's already half gone.
- We carved a pumpkin. It was fun because this year we bought all of the cool tools to do it with. We are now on the search for a cheap place to buy pumpkins.
-I baked a cranberry apple tart from one of the demonstrations at the cooking school. It was ok and very easy to make, I just don't think I'll be making it again anytime soon.
-My bathroom is now the cleanest I think it's ever been.
-And now, for probably the most domesticated thing I've ever done, I signed my mother and I up for a cookie exchange party. That's right. A local herb farm is starting an annual cookie exchange. I figured since my mom and I make cookie plates every year we might as well get more of a variety and have a good time in the process. We each have to bring 5 dozen (that's 60 cookies) so the weekend before the exchange we are getting together to help each other make them. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Plus, I have a stack of red firestaware plates I picked up at the outlet sale to put them all on.

I dunno, is it really domesticated to plant black and blue flowers? Now that I think about it, it sounds pretty goth to me. Oh, well, they look really beautiful on the packages.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Well you are just going to have to tell me all about the cookie exchange! I'm just rapt with curiosity about such an event! And an herb farm? How quaint!

Black and Blue tulips are soooo you darling! I can't imagine you with boring old pink and red!

Mon Oct 17, 07:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Martha Stewart said...

Hey... back off. I spent 6 months in jail the last time I needed to avoid competition... It just hardened me; I'll do worse this time.

PS Andre planted tuplip bulbs last week too. And Daffodils.

Fri Oct 21, 04:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home