Sunday, December 18, 2005

3 Hours of My Life I'll Never Get Back




My husband dragged me to the early show of King Kong today. Let's just say that I am way too knit-picky to sit in a theater and watch crap being spoon fed to me. I pay too much attention to detail, I actually listen to what they are saying so that later when they say the exact opposite I question it, and the cheesy, weepy lines that would never be said in real life really bug me. (I actually said "WTF???" out loud when the final line was said. It truly made no sense.) I guess I perfer to watch a movie at home so that I can yell at the ridiculousness of it or turn it off if it sucks too bad. (That and the surround sound doesn't hurt.) My husband has to continuously remind me that "it's only a movie" because I will bitch for hours if he lets me.

Speaking of Peter Jackson, my husband recently signed a petition to get Peter Jackson to make a version of the Hobbit. Apparently he is too tied up with other projects right now. So we looked up his profile on the IMDB to see what he's working on. Guess what his next project is? The Lovely Bones. Now, did anybody read this book? I did and it's a pretty depressing novel and it's told from the viewpoint of a preteen that was killed by her next door neighbor. (It says this on the first page so I'm not giving anything away.) It's the story of how her family and friends cope after she's gone. WTF??? Peter Jackson?? Err.....I don't get it. It just seems to me that a lot of great talent is being wasted on what is probably going to be a chick flick.

Speaking of The Lord of The Rings, do you know what a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy is? I asked my husband this the other day because if Star Trek freaks are called Trekkies, what are Lord of the Rings freaks called because that would be him. He looked it up and found out that he is a Ringer. Good to know. So what are Star Wars freaks called? Star Warriors? No way. Can't be. Starlets? Ha, ha, ha....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The Lovely Bones quite a while ago, but you're right---that is so un-Jackson-esque. That's not his genre at all.

Mon Dec 19, 10:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

Hey Michelle!
Are you the one visiting from Perry? Oooohhh.....do I have weird ties to Perry! and are you also the one that used to work with Lisa? No mater, it's still nice to meet ya!

Amy

Mon Dec 19, 12:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

I just call fans of Lord of the Rings "fags"

Mon Dec 19, 12:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

No, Andre, that would be the name for Star Wars freaks. See, there are already names for Trekkies and Ringers so it looks like you came up with one for the Star Wars freaks. Yay! Thanks, my life is complete now. ;-)

Mon Dec 19, 12:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

He started it.

Tue Dec 20, 06:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

Wait a sec.....doesn't he always start it? ;P

Tue Dec 20, 06:20:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy and Holly (I read both your blogs)--very funny, BTW:

I am Lisa's (The Lisa Life) friend, but no, not from Perry. Our ISP at work is TDS though, and they are located in Perry, so that is probably why it's coming back to you like that.

Amy, thanks for the movie review...I was debating on whether to see Kong or not, now I won't waste my time. Keep up the good work, and happy holidays!

Tue Dec 20, 01:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

I was kidding. I don't use that word. People's lifestyle choices are their own business. Who am I to judge: even if they do like LOTR?

PS Amy, don't forget to vote for Celebrity MILF of the year!

Tue Dec 20, 08:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

Aiden and I watched the first half of King Kong today. I think we'll watchthe rest tomorrow. I like it so far. The connections to Heart of Darkness are great. And I'm a sucker for Heart of Darkness references.

Thu Dec 22, 06:07:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home