Monday, December 05, 2005

Does Anybody Else See This?



Not long after I moved to my current residence, this blue screen started popping up on one of my cable stations. I realized that I was getting 2 NBC stations- one from Detroit and one from Bay City. They put this screen up on the Detroit station anytime they are showing the same thing.

OK.....then they started doing it to the Detroit Fox station, too. They put this up even when, according to the TV Guide channel, they are showing different shows. I'm praying they don't do this to the PBS stations. I'm lucky to get 3 of them and if they started blocking those then I'm in big trouble.

What gives? Does anybody else see "the other blue screen of death" on their cable systems? I've never seen it until recently and it kind of scares me that the government doesn't allow me to watch two different NBC stations.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been subjected to the same screen only ours is black...and what sucks is that although they tell you the same thing is playing on another channel, I have yet to find it. Seriouly---super annoying.

Mon Dec 05, 11:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

I most certainly will! :-)

Mon Dec 05, 05:37:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately I haven’t had the problem with the “blue screen.”
But then again, being retired and on a fixed income I can’t afford
cable.

Tue Dec 06, 10:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

The cable company can't show just something different because programing is up to the networks and affiliates, but they could just drop the channel and add something else like the Fox Soccer Channel. However, you should complain. I'd be suprized if they did that to PBS, but you never know.

Thu Dec 08, 10:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

"programing is up to the networks and affiliates"
Yes, but what are these FCC rules it's referring to?

I'm actually surprised they didn't do it to PBS first due to the fact the W. has been trying to get rid of it completely.

Thu Dec 08, 02:53:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home