Tuesday, December 13, 2005

To Keep or Not to Keep?



Anyone who knows me knows that I am the biggest tightwad around. (Well, besides my father but that's a whole 'nother story.) So I'm in Target today and my, oh, my, but what do I see? These gorgeous gnome flannel pajamas. I literally gasped when I saw them because a.) I like the funny pjs and b.) I. Love. Gnomes. So I park my shopping cart next to them and I notice that they have only one pair in my size. I snatch them up. Then I notice they are $27. A giant UGH because I can't remember the last time I spent $27 on anything to wear and I still want them. But they are flannel and I get really hot when I sleep in flannel. Oh well, I tell myself, they are too cute to pass up. I'll look like a clown, I say, but then again, who will see them? So what's the point, I tell myself. I bought them anyway......

So they sit on my couch, waiting for me to wear them but I'm afraid to take the tags off in case I want take them back. I have all of these inner issues about spending that kind of dough on pj's, of which I will probably never be able to sleep in. My mother says to keep them and wear them as "lounge wear". My husband says to wrap them up for Christmas and say they are from him.

I know $27 isn't much to a lot of people. But like I said before, I'm a tightwad and I don't see the point of wasting money on stuff like this. But they are so darn cool! UGH. My inner cheapness is busting through. $27 is half of a one way ticket to Florida. Or, enough gas for a pretty good road trip. Or, half of my water bill. What to do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper sez / I see you learned nothing from you father if you think him a "tightwad." He isn't a tightwad, hes' just very frugal. Does he not make every penny count but look at that very nice boat of his? Alas you teach but do they learn...........

Thu Dec 15, 08:26:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so alike it scares me sometimes! I would do that same thing. Anytime I spend more than 5 bucks on something I keep it for at least a day before I cut the tags off.

Fri Dec 16, 08:09:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home