Saturday, January 07, 2006

I Heart the Dollar Store




I love the Dollar Store. Any dollar store. I especially love the dollar stores in Canada because they are technically $.78 stores but we won't get into that right now. There's a dollar store chain in California that sells wine and high-end cheeses. There's another chain I've heard about that has a wedding registry. I love the dollar store but I don't think I'd go that far. We went to a Japanese dollar store in Hawaii. That's where I found my tofu strainer. I guess that would be the only place one could find a tofu strainer, eh? I also found the most coveted action figure I own at a dollar store- Jesus. Granted, it doesn't look like the ones above but still, it's a Jesus action figure. A few weeks ago I found my newest acquisition, A transparent human body model. Once again, it's not as detailed as the link but it's still a very cool transparent human body model. Right before Christmas I found "Paint Your Own Pet Rock" kits. I bought them for my neice and nephew and we had fun painting them but they wanted to throw them way when we were done. I don't think they understood the concept of a "PET Rock".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the Jesus doll like to get it on with Barbie? I bet he gets Barbie screaming, "Oh God!!"

Sat Jan 07, 02:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

No, but I'm looking to see if I can paint a "W.W.I.D.?" bracelet on his wrist.

My Jesus doll is pretty much asexual. He hangs out mostly with transparant human body man and my slew of president dolls. Wait a minute, he hangs out with all men......

Have I ever shown you "God's Live Journal"? I blogged about it looooonng ago and haven't mentioned it since because he stopped updating. It is too damn funny......
http://www.livejournal.com/users/god_dot_com/

Sat Jan 07, 06:07:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home