Thursday, January 12, 2006

Salvation Army Store Finds 1.12.06



Being in need of some retail therapy I took off for the Salvation Army Store today. My, oh, my but were they having a sale. 5 pieces of clothing for $5, I do believe. Needless to say I picked up a few things.
- The best item? The souvenir T-shirt in the middle from the Forbidden City in China. And it actually fits! Booyah!
-The 5 pieces of clothing? 1.) the T-shirt, 2.) a flowy pink skirt that is reversible 3.) a flowy reddish skirt 4.) pink and red capri pants and 5.) my first ever pair of corduroys that are dark Burgundy and are actually carpenter's pants! They have all the loops and pockets and everything.
-The glassware- an old orange juice pitcher that is the perfect size for juice. I also picked up 4 spice jars to hold beads and other crafty items in and I found a set of four atomic patterned glasses from the 1950's. Yee-haw! They will fit in my kitchen perfectly.
-the other two items I didn't mention I purchased for crafting purposes. The picture frame is big and beautiful and has some very detailed embellishments on it. I plan on ripping out the back and glass, painting it(probably gold) and stapling a mesh screen on the back. Wa-la! A picture frame earring holder. I actually have already done this, it's just that I've gotten so many compliments on it that I thought I'd try to replicate it.
The final "crafty" item I picked up was a cushion to attempt to make one of these. I blogged about it awhile ago and I finally found the perfect cushion to try it with. You can barely see it in the upper left corner of the photo but it is exactly what I've been looking for. And there were 2 of them! I got them both in case I screw up one of them. Go me! BTW, does anybody know anything about molding compounds and how one would go about creating a mold of a pillow? I have some ideas, I'm just fishing for more suggestions!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper Sez - For you information both your Grandmother and your Great Grandmother had orange jucie containers just like that one.
Very strange.

Fri Jan 13, 08:18:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper Sez - After looking at your Blog your mother informed me that WE had one too. very strange...

Fri Jan 20, 05:45:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home