Saturday, January 14, 2006

Since I mentioned it....



Here's a picture of the picture frame jewelry holder I made. I took out the backing and the glass, painted the frame gold, glued a piece of screen to the back and wala, it was done. I was going to staple the screen to the back but since the frame was made of plastic it wouldn't have worked. Now I'm looking to make more so keep an eye out for cheap, ornate picture frames.

Another project I finally accomplished....

The Dollar store was having a "Picture Frame Extravaganza!" so I finally got my butt down there with some postcards I've been meaning to frame for years. The only sets that worked were these antique postcards from my hometown. The top picture is of a castle located on the river in town, the second one is of the library I went to when I was a kid and the bottom picture is of the church my husband and I got married in. Yippee, I know, but I truly felt like I accomplished something because I've been sitting on the postcards for awhile now. And for $4 (3 frames and a 3-pack of mats) I couldn't beat the price.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

Where are you from? Your hometown has a castle? That's pretty cool.

Sun Jan 15, 12:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

Just for you, Andre....
http://www.shianet.org/community/tour/index.html

Sun Jan 15, 01:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

Nice... that's pretty cool.

Sun Jan 15, 10:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger elizabeth said...

don't ya just love those type of postcards? i found quite a few of where i'm from (biloxi, mississippi) in wisconsin of all places while we were there on vacation.

when we get the new house built, they will def. be framed.

where i work also has a ton of them framed around the department too!

Sun Jan 22, 05:19:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home