Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fabric Finds v.2.11.06



Ever since I saw they were coming out with Elvis fabric again, I've kept my eyes peeled for it. So yesterday before a dreaded dentist appointment I thought I'd stop by the nearby JoAnn's to see if they had it in yet. After looking around for awhile I asked a salesgirl if she'd seen it and she said "Yes, but at Sprawlmart." Cha-ching. So guess where I went right after my dentist's appointment? And guess what I found? Yup, 6 different kinds of it at $4.44 a yard. (That's pretty cheap for novelty fabric like that.) I picked out a couple of yards that I liked when I spotted something else I've been wanting in the Keepsake Quilting catalog-liscence plate fabric.

For years I've been collecting fabric for a crazy quilt I'm going to do someday about me and my life. In it I plan on representing places I've been, things I've done, people, etc. The liscence plate fabric would be perfect for all the road trips I used to go on, especially in college. I figure I could incorporate a plate from every state I've been. we'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

love that license plate fabric.

Mon Feb 13, 12:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger jmswilfong said...

my husband bought that exact elvis print to recover some chairs and a card table that he'll sell at the flea market!!

Tue Feb 14, 11:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home