Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wife of the Year v.2.0



Some of you may remember my post about vying for wife of the year back in early December. Well, I think I'm at it again.

About a week ago I got a wild hair up my ass that made me want to make the perfect apron. I wanted one that could hold the following items-
-my cell phone- I always seem to be ther furthest away from it when it rings.
-my notepad and pen- I'm a constant list maker.
-my label maker, sometimes- I've named her Mabel. Get it? I actually use her alot.
-scissors- I can't believe how many times I go on the hunt for scissors.
-my micro fiber dust rag- my new best friend that can be found at the dollar store.
-anything else I might need.

The other requirements were that it was full length (I'm constantly spilling something on myself or leaving little threads from sewing all over me), that it looked somewhat retro and that it was a proper fit for me. Well, it looks retro enough with a cherry print on turquoise background. I even found some red rick rack to trim it with. It's a little too long for me and it gaps really bad in the bosom area, but I think with a little tweeking and few darts here and there it should be just fine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper Sez - Good idea with the apron. I'm glad to see that your finally making some of YOUR ideas, YOU DO HAVE A LOT OF VERY GOOD ONES.

Thu Feb 09, 11:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Andre said...

You need your label maker on you at all times? That's awesome!

Fri Feb 10, 09:36:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home