Saturday, April 29, 2006

Garage Sales v.04.29.06



Tis' the season. The sun is out, the birds are singing and the first garage sales of the year have finally arrived in the great state of Michigan. Halle-freakin-'lujah. My dad and I were out in full force this morning (as we are almost every Saturday morning in the summertime) with my map and pre-written list according to the city's quadrants made from all of the ads that ran in yesterday's paper. (Yes people, I am that organized about this kind of stuff.) I felt like I did fairly well for there being not that many sales out there. I scored a few bags of vintage fabric that I've yet to go through as well as a black leather Coach purse and the barkcloth sewing caddy as seen above. I threw the picture of the white purse in for good measure because I picked it up at the Goodwill this week and I never blogged about it. So I figured I could slide it in here.

Seeing as how my Dad will now be spending all of his free time on his sail boat this year, I am looking to audition new garage sale partners for the upcoming season. (Holly?) You must be fast on your feet and love to go garage saling, just like me! Please let me know what weekends work good for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger vintage lilac said...

eh, it's your classical black coach. It's slightly smaller than your's and mine.

I've run out of flickr memory, started a new account, have become completely confused and am deeply considering getting a subscription. (it's $2 a month and I'had the 2 accounts for a week and am already severly confused.)

Have you sent in your audition tape? Har, har, har....

Sun Apr 30, 08:40:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skipper Sez - No where did I see mention of the very vintage, and in very good shape, 1950's era SHIWNN 26 inch girls bike. Nor did I see mention of my two action figures of Princess Leia Organa. One in her slave costume....hehehe

Tue May 02, 12:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be your garage sale pal, but, I'm too far away :-(

Wed May 03, 01:19:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home