Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Happy 2.5 Years to Us



I rarely mention birthdays or anniversaries here but I've been looking for an excuse to post a picture of my own homemade bridal bouquet, see above, for a long time. According to my latest magazines costume jewelry and enamel flower pins are all the rage right now. Too bad I'll have to tear apart my bouquet to wear any of it.

My mom and I made all of my bridesmaids similar ones using tussy mussies. The jewelry in mine was all silver, gold, rhinestones and white while theirs matched more of their personalities. My bouquet contained jewelry from both of my grandmother's as well as my husbands' grrandmothers, our mothers, our birthstones, etc. while my bridesmaid who loves all things Irish got shamrocks in hers, and the bridesmaid that lives in Las Vegas got sun pins in hers.

And for those of you who were just DYING to see an actual picture of us (don't blink or you'll miss it) here's a rare self portrait of the two of us on the Cedar Point Ferris Wheel in Sandusky, Ohio last summer. (Notice the beach and Lake Erie on the right.)

Hmmmm. I really like this picture but it didn't turn out very well on the computer. You didn't really want to see what I looked like anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger jmswilfong said...

happy anniversary! Cedar Point!?! I went there when i was 15 and had the time of my life!!

Tue Apr 25, 01:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those bouquets are amazing- at least , i can see yours is, and I assume the others were as well!

happy anniversary!

Fri Apr 28, 04:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home