Friday, April 21, 2006

My Last Attempt At Knitting



I'm not a very good knitter. I've tried to be. I even taught myself before I enrolled in a beginner's knitting class a few years back. (I'm left-handed and I know how hard it is to try to teach something like this to a left-handed person. My teacher really appreciated it.) I've knitted a few scarfs here and there and a hat or two but nothing I'm proud of, that's fo' sho'. I tend to only pick it up when someone is in the hospital because of the portability issues. Here's the scarf I was working on while I was in the hospital. It's for my 6 yr. old fashonista/princess niece (we've always called her the princess but I think her new name is going to be the "fashionista" because that is what she truly is). Like I said, it's nothing I'm proud of and I'm only showing it because it's probably the last thing I'm ever going to knit. I just can't seem to get the hang of it and I can't even follow the simple pattern of knit one row, purl the other. I'm much more of a Sewer than a Knitter.

Although, I've wanted one of THESE for YEARS. Maybe someday I'll attempt it or find someone who'll do it for me in some kind of trade, but until then I can only dream about doing it as well as gaining better knitting abilities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, now you have me wanting one of THOSE as well. My knitting skills are building, but very very slowly.

Fri Apr 21, 10:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Denise said...

A lefty tried to teach me to knit originally, but it was a righty who finally did the trick (YEARS later. Maybe it was a youth/patience issue after all!).

I don't really think there's a left- or right-handed way to knitting (except maybe for the "continental" method, where you carry the yarn with your left hand...haven't tried that yet, it's supposed to be faster overall).

Anyway, this from a leftie who can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out crochet! :D

Sun Apr 23, 10:06:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home