Thursday, May 04, 2006

Health Update



Some of you have been asking how the health thing has been going. First of all, thanks for asking. Second of all, I wish I knew. My doctor seems to be a real quack because now she's saying because of my bad posture (errr....I don't have bad posture) which is causing my back pain (errr...I thought I was here for headaches?) I now need to wear a back brace(?) 24 hours a day. If anybody knows of a really good doctor please pass the name on to me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I feel like this is a bad Judy Blume book (i.e. Deenie)?? Seriously, Amy best of luck and I really hope you don't have to resort to wearing that contraption.

Thu May 04, 01:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I would think headaches could more be your neck than your back, though it's all related. My understanding, however, is that immobilization (a brace) is the opposite of what you should do. You might look into orthotics from a podiatrist (not a roadside foot clinic), and strengthening your abdominals if it really is a posture issue. But it could very well be allergies (the weather) or a food allergy causing headaches. I went to my chiropractor, and he totally helped me. Since we live on opposite coasts, I don't have a doctor to recommend, but I strongly believe in the value of a chiropractor and Eastern medicine that treats the whole body. Most standard Md's will belittle the notion, but I use both. And when in doubt, trust your own instincts, and seek a second opinion.

Thu May 04, 04:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Andre said...

Are the headaches caused by the back problems?

Fri May 05, 02:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Andre said...

Please note, I didn't even make a joke about the pictures!

Fri May 05, 02:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home