Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not Much to Blog About



Things are not going well in the vintage lilac household. The husband's job is"most likely"in jeopardy which means my stomach has been in knots ever since the news broke. Which means I'm in panic mode looking for another job. I like the job I have now and I don't want to screw them over but I just may have to. I'm looking for security here, folks. Never in my life did I realize how important security was to me until now. Knowing I'm in full blown job search mode I have major guilt issues reading other people's blogs let alone blogging on my own when I should be searching for a job.

The real bummer here is my head. I don't know how I'm going to do with my head thing and working a full time job again. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to suck it up and just do it, right? I'm also a firm believer in keeping busy to keep your mind off the pain so maybe this will be a good thing, right? Maybe.

I guess I should preface this whole thing by explaining to my non-Michigan blogger friends that Michigan has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Right up there with Alaska. Great. Plus the big bonus is that I'm living in Flint right now. Did you ever see the movie "Roger and Me" by Michael Moore? Yup, that town. Where the unemployment rate is even higher. Needless to say I'm feeling pretty low right now.

I try to keep this blog happy and upbeat but it's hard to be that way when I'm not. That's why I haven't been blogging much lately. Sorry about that. I'll try harder next time. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger jmswilfong said...

please keep your chin up homegirl. We have all been there (believe me!). Don't feel guilty about reading other's blogs. it'll keep your mind away from your troubles if only for a moment.
Craft your heart out. That's what i have been doing since my hubby's contract ran out two months ago and money is so tight.
If anything, maybe its a sign that you should move to another state? just an idea.

Thu May 25, 05:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your blog and you can be unhappy if you want to!

That said, good luck on the job fronts. We've had a few scares in the last few weeks at our place as well, with the Hubby's job, and it's no fun. Fingers crossed for you.

Tue May 30, 11:17:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home