Monday, May 08, 2006

Sauder Village 30th Annual Quilt Fair



On Sunday the husband and I took a road trip 2 hours south to Ohio to see the Sauder Village 30th Annual Quilt Fair in Archbold. It was a lot of fun and my husband actually had a good time! There were over 400 quilts on display and as you entered the exhibit hall they automatically give you plastic gloves so you can touch everything! I've been to a lot of little quilt shows but I think this was the first "big time" show I've been to. There were entries from all over the country and everyone was so nice and friendly. It was very inspirational to come home and start quilting. It was also inspirational to look at the quilts up-close and personal and be able to say "I can do that!". I'm half-tempted to enter one in the show next year, even if it's for exhibit only.

My husband and I started to notice the brighter the colors the more popular it was. The one above was my personal fave, which also reminded me of this quilt Spamantha is working on. I personally think Spamantha should enter some of her quilts somewhere because her's could have blown some of these out of the water. Like I said, the more colorful= the more popular it was.

After the show we checked out the living history village where the show was at. Unfortunately it was Sunday so the Amish Bakery was closed. Bummer. But here's some more pics of the Quilt Fair- Click here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Oh, wow, thanks for the super nice shout out!!!! I sewed 3 rows of that quilt together yesterday, but had to take a break...

Mon May 08, 06:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home