Monday, June 12, 2006

By the Shores of Lake Michigan....



We got back really late last night from a wonderful time in Muskegon, Michigan visiting some old friends. The water was ice cold but we had a great time just hanging out at the beach, spending time with our friends and playing with their kids. We even got to do a little hiking at P. J. Hoffmaster State Park which is probably one of the best state parks I've ever been to.



We took the back way home and finally stopped at a roadside attraction that I've been wanting to stop at for years. Dinerland USA is just north of Grand Rapids and is a collection of historical diners. It was sold to new owners in March so I wanted to see it before it closes or gets moved or something like that. We ate lunch at the original Rosie's Diner but the other remaining diners were closed for repairs. We were surprised to see a mini-golf course out back with a diner theme-


All in all it was a great time. Our calendar is slowly filling up with weekends like this for the rest of the summer which makes me very happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I need you to get in touch with me, darn it. Looks like you guys had a nice time. Call me!

Wed Jun 14, 05:40:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I want to play diner-golf!

Fri Jun 16, 12:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home