Thursday, June 15, 2006

Road Trip to Mecca



Due to my Jeep engine blowing up on my way home from Lake Michigan last weekend, the road trip to the Fiestaware Tent Sale got post-poned until the next one. Instead, one of my B.F.F.'s and I did a road trip to the brand new IKEA store in Metro Detroit. What a freakin' madhouse. We honestly felt like we were going to a major rock concert- there were parking attendants everywhere directing us where to park, there was a huge surge of people running to the front door, and there were concession stands and a DJ set up out side of the venue, I mean "store". It was extremely crowded and we felt really rushed once we got inside, too. I didn't really care for the layout of this one compared to the other ones I've been to. But from what I've heard, they are mostly set up like this one- you are forced to walk through dozens of showrooms, write down the numbers of the items you want and at the end of the store are aisles and bins that you hunt through to get your items. Maybe the other ones I've been to were less crowded and I felt like I could walk around more. Hmmm....dunno.

We definitely plan on going again but with a very specific list of what we want and probably not again for a few months.

After the IKEA adventure we headed to the Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor to shop at the first H & M store in Michigan. We've always seen their ads in magazines for cheap, European clothing and now there is finally one in Michigan. Yee Haw.

3 Comments:

Blogger vintage lilac said...

I'm sooooo sorry!!!! I didn't drive!!

Thu Jun 15, 02:26:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, ikea and H&M?????? I am so jealous!!!

Fri Jun 16, 11:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Denise said...

We figure we'll skip the Ikea Experience until, say...February?

ooo, thanks for the heads up on H&M. Right in my backyard, too! Like I need an excuse to go to Briarwood... ;)

Sat Jun 24, 07:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home