Friday, September 22, 2006

The Nordic Needle Catalog



I recieved the latest Nordic Needle Catalog in the mail this week and I actually found some things that would inspire me to do some needle arts again.

The Sistine Chapel in 34 printed charts could be yours for the sale price of only $451.50!

These Fractal Patterns are just plain beautiful. Check out this one and this one, too.

And finally, the book "Embroidered Knot Gardens" gives complete instructions on how to make your own 3-dimensional, miniature English Garden using nothing but different types of needlework. Very cool, but what the heck would I do with it afterwards?

Speaking of the needle arts, I feel compelled to mention that over the summer I found out one of my cousins works for the famous Shay Pendray! You know, that woman on PBS that has all of the needlework shows? She had a needlework shop in the Metro-Detroit area until recently when she decided to go into retirement. Ah well. They still show her shows so I'll definately be on the lookout for some of my cousin's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home