Monday, October 09, 2006

Boiled Peanuts



Since my trip to Alabama in August my husband and I have been making a batch of boiled peanuts every couple of weeks. We both love them but are slowly learning that not too many people in the north even know what they are.

History and recipe for boiled peanuts.

Here's my recipe-
Buy a 2lb. bag of RAW peanuts at any grocery store. (They must be labeled RAW or GREEN.)
Dump into big pot.
Cover with water.
Stir in 1/3 cup of salt.
Boil on high for 3 hours.
They are delish!

And for those of you who never saw my pictures frm my trip to Alabama for my family reunion and the World's Longest Yard Sale, please feel free to check them out here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool cafe and quilt!! Did your mom make the cake?

I told my friends here about the sale and they wanted to go so badly!!!

When you coming out to Sedona?

Wed Oct 11, 03:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper Sez: I don't see any pictures of your driver.

Mon Oct 16, 09:06:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home