Monday, October 02, 2006

Painting Fools


My husband has practically repainted the entire house over the last couple weeks.


This is what our living room looks like. We actually picked a brownish color from our new rug but it definately looks more "pumpkin" on the wall.




This is our back mudroom and basement stairwell. The other pictures make it look very orange but this picture definately shows that it's more of a sunflower yellow.




This is our kitchen. The top half is a dark, sea misty green while the wainscoating was painted white.




This is the view from the living room looking into the kitchen (see all of my bee-u-tiful Fiestaware?) and you can see the yellow in the mudroom.

I love it all. Yes, when looking through the house it may seem like there are too many colors but I love it. At least it's not all white and various shades of eggshell.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks GREAT!!!! I am so tired of beige/eggshell/ecru/taupe/offwhite et al everywhere!!!! The colors all look great together too!! Cute floorlamp, too!

Tue Oct 03, 05:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me what color that orange room is? That is the *exact* color I want for my craft room! I have a ton of samples up on the wall, but none have that pumpkin color. Thanks!!! lauraloops at gmail.com :) love the site L)

Tue Oct 10, 10:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

Your house looks fabulous! Can Aaron come out here and paint for me? :)

Tracey

Tue Oct 24, 12:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger MéLisa said...

I'm a little late but I like your paint pick & I am loving your Fiestaware!

Wed Nov 15, 04:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home