Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Get Out and Vote, People!



My husband and I got up at the crack of dawn this morning, walked across the street to our local elementary school and voted til' our hearts content. Granted, only 8 people could vote at a time, there were no electronic voting machines and the chains for the pens weren't long enough for a left-handed person to vote. But still, I exercised my right and did it. (I politely pointed out the chain issue and asked for another pen. They said I wasn't the first to say something about it.)

In preparation for voting today, I got on the Michigan Secretary of State website where it oh-so-conveniently tells me a.) if I'm registered to vote or not, b.) where I go to vote and directions on how to get there and c.) what my ballot is going to look like. Too cool!

So just do it, people. Remember, you can't complain about the system if you don't even bother to vote. Oh, and don't be like P. Diddy and push the "vote or die" campaign and then not be registered to vote anywhere. That's just wrong on so many levels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skipper Sezs: My vote counted!

Wed Nov 08, 12:38:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home