Friday, January 18, 2008

Gotta Give Up Something....



I've realized over the last year that I dabble in way too many crafts. I've been crafty my whole life so I have tons of supplies for a.) crafts I don't do anymore, or b.) crafts I started to get into but never got really good at. For example...tatting, anyone? Yes, I know how to tat. (Older people are flabbergasted by this.) At one time I lived near a Joann's store that was offering a class so I took it. I also ended up with a TON of tatting supplies when one only needs a shuttle and some string. What started out as a big, plastic storage box has now been whittled down to what can fit into an envelope. And I'm good with that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have decided to put all of my artistic focus into quilting. Preferably, art quilts. I've sewn since I was eight and started my first quilt when I was 16. It seems to be the "craft" I lean towards and enjoy the most. I am currently in the middle of making an art quilt for an exhibit in a couple of months. I just hope I can finish it in time and that I'll be happy with it. After that I have another quilt planned for a different exhibit that is based on "stars"- the judges have to be able to find a star somewhere in the quilt. Makes sense due to the fact the exhibit will be at a planetarium.

Wish me luck and when I finish them I will post pictures. I also like the fact that a lot of these exhibits have "themes" you have to follow. I'm definitely the type that needs an idea so that I can run with it. But hey, that's just me.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home