Sunday, January 13, 2008

Looking for a job sucks.




Some of you may actually be curious as to why I was MIA for practically a year. Well folks, it's like this- real life got in the way. Last January both my husband and I were unemployed and in need of jobs. A friend who works at a real estate office called me and said they were desperate for help in the foreclosure department. Considering I had no other options at the time I took the job and started the next day.

If you don't already know, Michigan has the highest rate of foreclosures right now in the country. Michigan also has the longest redemption period in the country. Meaning, you have had to not made a payment for nearly a year before they will start the foreclosure process on you which takes another 6 months to a year. So, yes, it was sad to be working in that atmosphere but on the other hand they all knew it was coming.

To top it off, the job was about an hour away from my house. I was leaving by 7am, worked a long day and wasn't getting home until 7 or 8pm. It really sucked. Plus I was putting in some Saturdays to boot. Needless to say I hardly had any time for my real life let alone time to blog. I know a lot of people work many more hours than I did with no complaints, but I hated the job. It completely sucked. If I enjoyed it at all I wouldn't have left.

So that's what happened, I left. I couldn't take it anymore. I quit at the end of August with no job prospects. Lucky for me I found a job during my two week notice. I'm back in my field of study and am working in the education department of an art museum. It's pays well but is only part time and grant funded. Which means my job expires at the end of June unless something else comes up. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

fingers crossed for another grant, or another good job!!

Wed Jan 16, 04:16:00 PM EST  
Blogger Svara said...

Join the club, we have jackets.... so to say. Not having luck finding work here either.

Sat Feb 09, 10:07:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home