Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter And All That Stuff





Yesterday I went to my brother's house to help his kids decorate Easter Eggs. I think Easter Egg decorating is becoming my thing- I like to find different and unusual ways to decorate them. (Remember the silk tie dying of 2006? I'm still collecting ties to do that one again.) Somewhere I read about layering color on the egg by adding and removing rubber bands. So that's what we did and they turned out tres chic. The funny thing is that I never hear about these inventive ways of decorating eggs until the day of or the day after. For example, on my way to my brother's house my mother calls me to see if I'm watching Martha Stewart. She's showing how to color eggs using lace. I guess I'll plan on trying that next year.

In case you were wondering, yes, that is snow under the Fiestaware bowl. Fresh from last night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy Housewife said...

I was laying here last night thinking that I am bummed we aren't doing eggs. The kids just have no interest. Sigh. Yours are beautiful. The colors are so vibrant! Is it just the typical Paas coloring? Very cool idea with the rubberbands. Your niece and nephew sure are going to have a life time of wonderful memories with you. :-)

Sat Mar 22, 10:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger vintage lilac said...

I think it's Paas- my sister-in-law prepared the dyes (they were sports themed so I'm thinking it was Paas.) I believe she said it came with 3 directions- pastel, something medium and vibrant. The medium color required lemon juice while the vibrant colors required vinegar. I'm tempted to try the lace ones tonight.

Sat Mar 22, 10:32:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are lovely!! I wish I had the patience to do more with the kids eggs but I'm always so concerned about the dye and things getting stained. I need to invest in a table cover or something.

Wed Mar 26, 04:59:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home