Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Grocery Store Has a Sense of Humor



I hate grocery shopping. I hate it so much that I have gotten into the habit of making a very specific shopping list according to the layout of the store, that way there is no backtracking and I am in and out as quickly and efficiently as possible. I think my hatred for grocery shopping stems from the days when I wouldn't bring a list and I'd walk out of the store with $100+ worth of condiments. I definitely need a list. Oh, and a meal plan. Like I said if I didn't do these things I'd come home with a whole lot of nothing to eat for the next two weeks. For some reason in preparing for my grocery trip this weekend a few things my store did made me laugh out loud. What?? A grocery store that has a sense of humor? I kind of like that....

In preparing for my grocery shopping extravagandza, I always look at the sale ads online. A lot of times I'll plan my meals according to what's on sale. This week I noticed something odd with the ads. Oh, snap! It's St. Patrick's Day this week, isn't it? That must be why EVERY PRODUCE ITEM ON SALE LAST WEEK WAS GREEN. (See picture above.) I took this screen shot late last night before they removed it from their site today. Sorry for the bad pic, but I had no idea how to show this to you otherwise.

The other thing that made me laugh out loud was when I was standing in the Mexican aisle. (I really need to get back in the habit of taking my digital camera with me EVERYWHERE so I can show you how truly funny this was.) You know how they have little add-on's in front of the shelves? You know, little items you forgot you need so they handily put some at eye level in a completely different aisle? So I'm looking for some enchilada sauce and corn tortillas (my husband makes some killer enchiladas) when what do I spy in mass quantities hanging off the Mexican food shelves? Antacids. Tons and tons of antacids. There must have been 50 bottles completely framing the Mexican food shelves. I laughed my ass off at that one.

I know. These are small little trival things but anything that makes my grocery shopping trip better gets kudos in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home