Monday, April 14, 2008

My Stars


I started my new job today. I think I'm going to like it. Ask me again in a couple of weeks and I'll have a better answer. In fact, in 3 weeks my training period will be over so I will write a big old post about it then. Promise.

Here are some pics of a couple of trial squares for a quilt I'm working on. I originally found this and havn't been able to find a pattern for it anywhere. So I'm winging it. Here's my first try, notice the black lines don't really match up-
Bad Star

My crappy sewing machine feels like it needs a wheel alignment (it keeps sewing to the left) and since you could tell just by looking at this square I switched the machine out for a newer, cheaper model I had. (I need to just save my money and buy a really nice, plush model.) The new machine is slower and extremely quiet. But it sews in a straight line which is all I'm asking for.

Here's my second attempt with a bigger square-
Better Star

This one went much better. (Not perfect, but better.) My goal is to make 20 freehand stars just like this one with bright vibrant colors. The border and back will be black. I have a name for the quilt all ready, but I'm afraid I'll curse myself by naming it too soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Happy Housewife said...

Wow, I love the off centered-ness of the stars! Very cool.

Glad to hear that the job is so far so good. i've been worried about you.

Rich has a position in New Hudson that calls for a really smart really friendly,creative fast thinker...and he thought of you. I thought that was pretty nice! It would be a pretty far drive though.

Wed Apr 16, 05:24:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home