Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting Behind on Blogging, or rather "Here's What I did Back in June"



After weeks of trying to figure out where we were going to go on a much needed "quick getaway", my girlfriend and I decided to stick with our original plan of attending the Semi-Annual Fiestaware Tent Sale at the Fiestaware Factory in Newell, West Virginia. And what a fabulous time we had! Without boring you with too many details, here's a quick recap of our activities-

On the way through Cleveland we stopped at the World Famous Westside Market where we picked up some fabulous food for our camping trip. The Irish bakery was my favorite-

On our way into West Virginia we stopped at a couple of roadside attractions. My favorite was the World's Largest Teapot-

As soon as we reached the sale (the evening before) we got in line and set up camp. (We were #4 and #5 in line.) By midnight there were about 200 people in line. We met some wonderful people including a teacher from the only school within the Grand Canyon as well as people from all over the states. It was thundering and lightening all night long but we still had fun.

The morning of the sale they announced if you had brought some canned goods you could drop them in a box for a drawing to win the highly-coveted, limited-edition, anniversary color Marigold Baking Bowls that are retail valued at $189.99 and only available for 75 weeks. I looked at my girlfriend and said "This is a raffle I actually want to win. Let's go to the gas station and buy our raffle tickets, er, I mean 'canned goods'." My friend thought I was being ridiculous and I would never win, but guess what? I WON!!!! They called me the day after I got home and said they would be shipping them the next week. They finally arrived and are perfect in every way-


*Sigh* Receiving those bowls made the entire trip worth it.

Meanwhile, I dropped loads of cash and somehow convinced my friend she needed Fiestaware, too. She got a whole set.

We really weren't ready to go home yet, (did I mention we had a fabulous time?) so on the way home we stopped in Cleveland once again but this time it was to see the The Christmas Story House and Museum.-

You can kind of make out the leg lamp in the window-


Then we headed home. That's it. We were bummed to go home but my girlfriend has already promised me that she wants to do it again next year. We are thinking on our next trip to the sale we will head into Pennsylvania and check out some roadside attractions there, including the The World's Only Drive-Thru Strip Club.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Mmm...fiestaware...

And you can totally make out that leg lamp in the window. Hee.

Wed Jul 23, 09:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

i was planning on going to the sale this week, october 17th. do they have really good deals? what can i expect to pay? i am so excited but nervous about the crowds and nervous that i would sepnd too much money. thanks!

Wed Oct 15, 10:41:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home