Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Quilt Update



The baby quilt has been completed and placed in the care of the soon-to-be parents. They really seemed to like it. I never know the reaction I'm going to get when I go to one of these baby showers toting something I made myself. (A few years ago I was accused of buying a quilt I had made at a store. By a "sewing teacher" no less. I think she was bitter because my quilt blew away her quilt;-) Above is the Mom-To-Be holding the quilt.

Here's a picture of the back-

I had originally planned to keep the back black but thought that was too much black for a baby quilt. So I took some left over squares and whipped up a backing. When she opened it everyone thought this was the front.

Next project? To complete a "patriotic" baby quilt and/or wall hanging for my family reunion in August. I've finished a few other things in the last few weeks but that will have to wait for another post, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby quilt with the stars is beautiful!

(I the gal who made the one in the photo you got inspiration from in flickr!--Pics From Lake E) I am always looking at other's quilt and admiring them. I especially love the back with all the colors! Great job, I'm sure the parents (and baby will) love it.

Thanks for footnoting me in your blog.
Peggy E.
Missouri

Tue Feb 10, 09:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home